Random Thoughts 4

Friday's 5 random thoughts with no real focus. Indian football, Shiny Shiney, other Indian sports, rain, and other stuff. Enjoy

Indian Football- Disgusted is not the word on reading the tirade by India's football coach Bob Houghton in today's TOI. Get this- the Indian football team is going to Dubai for training because there is not a single location in the country where they can train. Our facilities are so bad that we have to fly to another country. We are an embarrassment. I know there are far more important issues in the country like poverty, power, clean water, health care etc etc. but this is about sports and we are pathetic. Would keep rambling on but honestly, there is not much to say. MS Gill probably doesn't care and frankly after today's article in the paper, there probably wont be a follow up article till some other controversy comes up a few months later. No point in me getting high blood pressure over it.

Other Indian Sports- While I know that no interest is paid to any sport in this country besides cricket and the regular praise of Sania Mirza, I have decided today that while I will continue to write on cricket and bash Sania on occasion, I will also try and focus a lot on Indian football, boxing, badminton, golf and any other Indian sport. So while it might only reach the handful of you who read this blog :-), at least somewhere out there will be articles on Saina, Jeev, Jitender Kumar, Anand Pawar and Pankaj Advani. Will try to make it interesting.    

Shiney Shiney Shiney- everywhere you look this morons face is staring at you. Frankly, I had heard his name before, but prior to his alleged rape I probably would not have been able to identify him in a line up. I wish it had stayed that way, too damn boring because I don't care if he is sharing a jail with Abu Salem.

Water shortage- When will the bloody rain show up in this city? The heat is still a killer and we have water shortages. I hope it shows up soon because if not the stock market will go to hell too. 

Poker- The world seriesis on in Vegas and I am following Phil Hellmuth's run via twitter. Very interesting. If you haven't watched High Stakes Poker on Youtube you have to check it out. Just type it in youtube and enjoy, very very entertaining. Also check out the reads by my fav player Daniel Negreanu. This is just a sample of what this guy does day in day out.

Three Random Hopes for the Weekend

I hope the West Indies win the T20 Cup

I hope Tiger takes home # 15 at Bethpage

I hope it rains

More later.

Photo Credit Pankaj Advani- http://www.hindu.com
Photo Credit Daniel Negreanu http://www.justthechips.com

Comments

  1. Nice PRG- Glad someone cares about something beyond cricket...Please do write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Negreanu is a God, nice link. There are a few more like that on Youtube. The guy is sick..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian Sports are so bad it is ridiculous. Not only do we not care about any sport besides cricket, we suck at that too now. Agree with you completely, we need to focus on other sports. I hope you stick by what you promised and write more on other Indian Sports. I will forward it on to various people in the press and a lot of my friends. We need to strive to create an interest if we want to succeed in the Global Sporting Arena.

    Well Done PRG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiney is disgusting, I can't bear this coverage either. Write more on other sports bro. We need that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roger Federer and the World Series of Poker

Meera Sanyal- Clueless

Shahrukh Khan and Security