Saved My Mom

Whew, major relief guys, my mother managed to get her residency for Maharashtra. You see, she was born in Calcutta (now known as Kolkata) but she and my grandparents had moved to Mumbai ( then known as Bombay) when she was around eight years old. Since she is not Maharashtrian and wasn't born in the state either, we were afraid that some political party might just kick her out of the state. You see there are a couple of politicos out there that have lost the plot, so we wanted to make sure we didn't have to ship my mom back to Bengal. Luckily, she is safe.

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while, I have been swamped with my Marathi classes and I just haven't had the time. In fact, my next blog will be in Marathi. I apologize to you people who read my blog but don't understand Marathi. It is just too bad for you. I mean, the fact is that I have grown up in Mumbai and so there is no reason why I should blog in English. So be prepared for Marathi posts henceforth.

Another thing that has kept me very down is that I heard that Sachin Tendulkar will be moving to Pakistan and playing cricket for them now. Apparently our dear Sachin was foolish enough to say in some interview many years ago that he thought Wasim Akram was a good bowler. So now since he said that about a Pakistani, he is being asked to move to Pakistan. What a loss for our nation. On a brighter note, I hear he and SRK are going to be neighbors, so good for them.

For those of you who are not from Maharashtra I have to warn you that getting a visa for Maharashtra is going to be tough 5 years from now for any non local. Valid for 7 days at a time, only single entry visas will be issued. If you seek employment in the state, the company that hires you will be vandalized. I understand that at that point if you have lived in the state for more than 10 years you will be allowed to apply for Manoos Card. It will work like a green card does in the US and like the green card, will be a task to get.

Ok, I am done being sarcastic. "You know who" has lost the plot. I wrote on November 23rd that the Shiv Sena was on tilt, but now they have fallen down all the way. Here are a few very brief thoughts on the issue because let us be honest, everything has been said already.

1) The Shiv Sena leaders are making no sense when they speak. They sound foolish, desperate and senseless. The level of desperation in their words is a sign of insanity.

2) The state government of Maharashtra has had a pathetically weak response. If I was Chief Minister I would challenge the Shiv Sena to disrupt a single theatre that was going to release My Name is Khan. I would challenge the leader of Sena to "Go For It" whenever he threatened anything. And then I would make sure that nothing happened. I mean who do they think they are? Their thugs should be arrested, and beaten at sight. Declare martial law against hooligans. But our state government has given no assurances to the people, not made any comments and is as usual, avoiding a conflict

3) I love the fact that they have attacked Rahul Gandhi. He seems like the kind of person that will respond to them. I hope he does and I hope he rips them apart.

4) Where is our boy Raj T from the MNS? He is silent. This after all was his idea and his strategy which his former party is now adopting.

5) Enough is enough. Why does our country allow people like this to survive politically? The whole argument is getting boring now and the nonsense that the Sena and MNS bring up every few weeks is so stale and boring that I feel sleepy when I read about it.

I just hope this is the last time I will have to blog about these thugs.

Comments

  1. hahahaha..dude, I love your initial paras.

    Ya, these dicks are a waste of time. Can't bear them anymore either..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, they shouldnt allow The Shiv Sena and MNS leaders to leave the state. They should be banned from going anywhere outside of the state in India...

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRG, I thought you weren't going to give these guys attention by writing about them?? What happened to that theory.

    Any how, agree with you. You are right, most of it has been said, but I like your humorous take...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Adi and U. everything that has to be said has been said, and nothing really needed to be said. But I like the funny sarcasm too. Very you Mr. PRG...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bal Thakeray, in his latest piece for party mouthpiece 'Saamna' has said PRG should stay out of politics, and stick to blogging. He has also asked all party members to boycott his blog by having it removed from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said.... and by the way Rahul Gandhi did reply in his own ishtyle the very next next day that u blogged (on the 5th).... And as far as the rip them apart bit is concerned he(Mr.Gandhi) has suddenly become an idol for me over night.... Gv both parties a nice slap on the face. They better keep shut for a while now coz yes they have started sounding more and more like kindergarden kids day by day....complaining about every teeny weeny thing happening around.. Irritating....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Roger Federer and the World Series of Poker

Meera Sanyal- Clueless

Shahrukh Khan and Security